Monday, April 9, 2012

Javier Martin: "Wanted to return to earth"


This artist is someone who really explore his works, not just on his installations in which I think is simply great and full of meaning, even the paintings that he created has also caught my attention. The one that I think is interesting is the project of "Blindness Light" which combines elements of painting with, let's say something "futuristic", actually with neon lights.
It seems he never lost the idea of ​​giving his unique touch in each of his works, so that anyone who saw it would be directly noticed .. Yes, this is Javier Martin, who some time ago I've interviewed, and here let's look at other works he has created, especially his installations, which are so "earth".

PERSONAL INFORMATION
Name                 : Javier Martin
City/Country     : Spain
Email                  : info@javiermartinart.com
Website             : www.javiermartinart.com
Facebook           : JAVIER MARTIN
Twitter               : @javiermartinart
 Bio                     :  


            JAVIER MARTIN has developed a very characteristic way of work by combining paintings and photographs. He has created a very particular language by using fashionable trends as elements to be added to his work. Self learner since he was 7, he won the Caja Madrid contest for young artists in 1994.
            He can boast of a refined and versatile technique, from the creation of sculptures made of recyclable materials to his Louis Vuitton rifles collection made of handbags fabrics and clasps. The artist, after becoming in designer, decides to use new technologies in his art pieces providing as a result a series of collections mixing digital appearance and traditional techniques. He is known as an artist who covers the eyes of all his models in his Blindness Collection, as a way to show the intention to make us see beyond the pictures.
He has exposed his art in remarkable exhibitions such as Estampa Madrid, Arte Lisboa, Maison & Objet Paris o Art Basel Miami Beach.

Interview with Javier...
-       How long have you been an artist?
I had my first exhibition when I was 8 years old, when I was 9 years old I won the award for young artist "Caja Madrid" since that moment I've been creating and experimenting with paint as an autodidact.

-       Is being an artist a full-time career for you?
Yes, I work every day in my galleries and collections for different projects of art and design, art is my life and my day to day.

-       Tell me about your work? What are you currently working on? How is this different from past projects?
Now my work is based on the conquest of space where the message along to the material I work with come to life as sculptures or installations where the viewer can take a tour of reflections and shapes when they visit the exhibits. I'm working my older work where oil mix, digital printing and other materials but also have evolved as in the case of light blindness where I also added several new technologies using neon lights.

Blindness Light




-       What was your inspiration?
Inspiration is all those things that fall within moments, visions, images. try to bring the essence of everything around me. In my new works everyday in society is very important, I have concentrated my inspiration in things that make people reflect on and all those issues that reach the most sensitive part of the society.

-       "What is Art?" is certainly too big of a question to ask here, but what do you hope your audience takes away from your art? What statement do you hope to make?
Art is one of the languages and one of the most important ways to express the world, one of my missions with my work is to communicate and reach into people, art stools for people to change their way of seeing things and reflections.


Money? Where? Money? Who? Money? I?

 




-       What was the best advice given to you as an artist? 
To always do things with the heart and the important thing is to do what you feel inside.

-       Tell me about your work space and your creative process.
My work space is large and broad like I always have plenty of light and part gallery, I need the space for large format work normally carried out various works at the same time I have work areas where the wood with other materials for sculptures and other space where I can visualize the finished work is also very important to the photo studio that way I have the whole process of my work in the same studio.




-       What has been the biggest challenge in the work you create?
Every day is a challenge, I like to experiment and use new materials to be self-taught each work is a challenge, but is like a dream comes true, you have the power to create something that is within you and make it happen is a challenge that makes every day more and you super structure developments.

-       Where do you go online for good art resources, whether to find a new artist, or to see what is going on in the art world locally and otherwise?
I think internet is a very good tool to find and promote artists, but I personally prefer living things live and feel and there's nothing like being in front of a good piece of art that makes you feel and think. Spaces for new artists along with the Internet are key to expanding new talent.

-       Do you have any exhibits to promote?
My next exhibition is in Miami (MYRA Gallery) ,  after Art Basel I have good collectors there and soon I will repeat my exhibition in Paris, but more importantly for this year is my introduction in Latin America (Panama and Brazil).



 

Some other works...

 


Man that is born of the earth

 

 

  


 

Louis Vuitton rifles

 

 

Wanted to return to earth

 




 

Fiman Prayudi Utama for votreart.blogspot.com








No comments:

Post a Comment